🌴 Why join Thynk?
Founded by a team of experienced SaaS founders and hospitality executives, Thynk is on a mission to revolutionize the 2T$ hospitality industry and become a new vertical SaaS giant, following the footsteps of Veeva and nCino. Our ambition is fuelled by a fantastic product built on top of the Salesforce platform and a spot on time to market.
We just raised a 13M$ Series A from high-profile VCs (NY+EU) to scale our operations and expand to the US. Your role is key at our stage to make sure we scale the right way, it is an opportunity to have a big impact on the company.
Our customers are all over the world and so are we, with team members from 10 nationalities, based on 3 continents and 6 time zones - building a strong common culture while respecting the individual constraints of everyone in our remote-first environment.
By joining the Thynk Family, you will recognise yourself in our values :
People-first - Every day, our team focuses on our customers, their problems and how we can help them think differently about innovation.
Listening is Learning - We focus on understanding the problem because that is where the real value is - the technology is just the vehicle to deliver change.
Agile Thinking - We think outside the box and disrupt the status quo by rethinking technology's role in solving problems in hospitality.
📣 About the role
Fresh from our Serie A, we are on a mission to revolutionize the 2T$ hospitality industry and to become a new vertical SaaS giant.
As a rapidly growing SaaS company, with high-performance teams and a collaborative culture, where employee innovation and ideas are encouraged, this position is vital to Thynk’s success.
As our new Strategic Business Development Director, from Hospitality / Travel Tech - selling complex technology (SAAS solutions with long & complex Sales cycle) to hotels groups in your region - you will be part of a new, growing team for a high growth tech startup, within the Sales Department in Europe. You will be joining a dynamic & successful team, all remotely-based, reporting to the Head of Sales.
In particular, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of medium to large strategic accounts.
🧑💻 As our Strategic Business Development Director at Thynk, you will:
Be responsible for the full sales cycle from lead generation to closing; working closely with the head of sales on the market penetration business plan and in partnership with a BDR. In this role, you will :
- Contribute to the Sales Strategy in Europe : Identify and manage revenue-generating development opportunities. Develop and actively pursue list of targeted Key Accounts by creating individual plans of action to penetrate these accounts
- Meet Quarterly/Annual sales quota on new business, execute the sales pipeline effectively, accurately forecast sales opportunities in Salesforce
- Lead and manage sales relationships through a full lifecycle, including identification, approach, negotiation, closure, contract support, long-term relationship management
- Conduct tool product demos and corporate presentations to potential customers
- Prepare client proposals, contracts and directly engage in negotiations
- Follow up on new and pending leads/inquiries within the designated SLA’s
- Attendance of trade shows, industry events, conferences. Availability to travel when needed
- Build relationships with other teams across the organisation and work in synergy to optimise the sales cycle
- Manage customer relationships in order to generate opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell
- Research and identify new markets and opportunities.
🍭 About you
You will be a great fit if you have (Must-Have for the role) :
- 10+ years of experience: Proven track record in selling technology, specifically within Hospitality Tech companies.
- Able to handle complex sales cycles and negotiation at C-level
- Sales Solution Selling and/or Consultative Approach: Demonstrated experience utilizing solution selling and/or consultative approaches when engaging with clients and partners.
- Strategic planning skills, excellent presentation and communication in at least 2 languages, effective organisational skills, enthusiasm and positive energy approach
- Language Skills: Proficient in both English and a European language.
✨ What you can expect :
📺 We will provide the best IT equipment of your choice (Apple or Windows)
💸 We are remote-first : As a fully remote team of repeat entrepreneurs, we value communication, teamwork, and transparency above all.
🌎 Global-first : You will join an international team with 15 nationalities on 3 continents : we organize monthly meetings and yearly events to gather all the team together. English is our first language .
🚀 We are people-first : We care about our people (team members, clients, and partners), we value work-life balance, and consider any request to achieve fullfillment at work
👀 Our hiring process
- Introduction call with our People & Talent Manager
- Interview with the Head of Sales and possible other team members
- Sales role play to perform
- One last interview with a C-Level